Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation Review



Yesterday I went to the MAC Store and purchased the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW20 and a pump to go with it. I immediately came home and made a video review and tried it out!

There were a few things I missed in the video that I want to add:

- I got the prices a bit wrong. The foundation was $31.00 and the pump was $5.50. You don't need the pump but it does make the application easier and will conserve the product as you won't have to keep tipping the bottle over to get the foundation out (and probably ending up taking out more than needed).

- A little really goes a long, long way. I used 1/2 a pump today! One pump would probably cover a whole face but I just put it on my problem areas, as I said in the video.

- I find it looks better with time. When I first apply it I find it a bit darker but then after about 15 minutes, it sets into the skin and looks like my actual skin and not like makeup.

- I wore it from 6:15 am until 7:30 pm and it looked almost the same as when I first put it on in the morning. No creasing or fading (my skin did look a little oily on my forehead but that just tends to happen by the end of the day and would have been easily fixed with some powder or a blotting paper)

- Overall, I knew this would be a good product. MAC gets rave reviews from most. I really like the foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to spend the money. I do provide a cheaper alternative in video as well, which is almost as good.

- If you are considering this product I really suggest going into the store and asking the MAC makeup artists to find your colour and test it out. They will be happy to try it out for you. I walked in and the makeup artist just said, "Oh you are NW20" and put some on my chin and it was a perfect match. They know their stuff!

I'm looking into getting a better recording device. I'm not happy with the quality of these videos and I'm starting to get into doing them!

Hopefully the next you see me, it's in HD, or at least something less grainy. xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Your skin looks so fresh and flawless. I need to visit my local MAC counter and get some of this foundation.

    ReplyDelete