Sunday, January 10, 2010

Caryl Baker Visage Review

On Friday I went to get my eyebrows waxed at Caryl Baker Visage and ended up leaving with a few items.

I've been wanting thicker brows for a while, but years of waxing has caused them to not grow as much as they used too. I was using an eyeshadow to try and fill them in. I prefer a powder rather than a pencil, as a pencil can appear harsh and fake. I ended up picking up a Brow Blend Kit ($19.50 CAN). (See picture below). It came with three colours and you can blend them to create the right shade for your brow. I take a mix of the darkest brown and the medium brown and apply it with an angled taklon brush (I use one from the Coastal Scents line that was around $2.00 USD). I'm really impressed with how well the colours blend into the brow and how well they stick on the hair.


(Brow Blend)

The second product I picked up was the Mineral Pressed Powder ($28.50 CAN). I was told this could be used as a substitute for liquid foundation. I was quite sceptical about this but it did look good over my foundation so I purchased it (in the shade Peaches and Cream). I tried it out this weekend instead of foundation and it looked amazing! I would only recommend it if you have decent skin already. If you suffer from acne or really uneven skin I don't think it would cover red well. I have a few areas that are red but the powder covered it well enough. The powder allowed my natural skin to shine through and brightened my face up a lot. I am so impressed with this product. I still like wearing my foundation but I think I will just wear less foundation and put this on top. It is definitely good if you are in a rush because you can easily sweep it on in a few seconds and be on your way!


(Mineral Pressed Powder Casing)


(Mineral Pressed Powder in Peaches and Cream)

Caryl Baker products are really well made and they will test out all the products on you to find the right shade for you and what products work best. They sell everything from facial cleansers to eyeshadows, foundations, blush, nail polish, etc. They also do waxing, facials and makeup applications. I've been going there for my makeup applications and waxing for about seven years now and it is a place I would definitely recommend.

Check out my review on these two products and a demonstration on how to apply brow colour:

1 comment:

  1. I found you on YouTube. I always wanted to know how to get thicker eyebrows. This is a great video and blog. Thanks for posting these tips.

    ReplyDelete