Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Style Spot: Sideways Cross Necklace

If anyone has seen the Rachel Zoe Project, it is hard not to admire Rachel's assistant Taylor Jacobson's personal style. It is effortless, chic and edgy at the same time. Taylor flawlessly mixes messy, rocker and classic pieces while creating a style all her own.

With her constantly changing outfits, one item holds true, her Rosark sideways cross necklace. This necklace caught my eye right away and had me on a wild goose chase all over the internet for it. When I realized it retailed for close to $500, I gave up my search.

More recently, stars like Kelly Ripa, Jessica Biel, Vanessa Hudgens and Miley Cyrus have been sporting this classic, yet trendy piece. I was lucky enough to stumble upon Classic Designs, a shop on etsy. com (www.classicdesigns.etsy.com). The seller and creator Theresa Mink makes handcrafted jewelery, specializing in simple and elegant pieces that are affordable.

Lo and behold, Theresa sells the infamous sideways cross, which she handmakes, for $41 USD. The necklace can be customized in length and comes in silver, gold plated and solid gold. I immediately scooped up the gold-filled and haven't taken it off since.

I love how light the necklace is and how you can layer it with other pieces to create different fashion forward looks. It is both subtle and a statement piece and I have received tons of compliements from girls wanting to get the same one!

If you are like me and want to get your paws on this necklace, contact Theresa on her shop and get this expensive look for less, without compromising quality and style!

My sideways cross necklace by Classic Designs (www.classicdesigns.etsy.com):


Vanessa Hudgens wearing the silver necklace:


Taylor Jacobson wearing the gold necklace:

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty...I've been looking for this style of necklace. I am going to go look at this store on Esty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these too!! Bought two from Luluka on Etsy. Her quality is amazing!! I had her custom make one off center and an inch longer in gold...perfect! The other one I left in the center in silver. Her prices are so reasonable I may get another as she has a few styles. Score!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this style of cross is so pretty , I've one for me and one for my GF, is nice and is just a fashion so why not have been one:

    sideways cross necklace

    ReplyDelete